The garage on the left was formerly a lodge leading through an archway to Boultham Hall. The railway 'loop line' (bridge) opened in 1882. Fifty years later the old lodge is still used as a garage. Now days it is a Bed shop. The building next door was demolished and rebuilt as a bank with offices above. The 'loop line' was closed in 1982 after one hundred years and the track removed and the bridge in later years has been demolished.
Old photos from Lincoln Then And Now, Vol II, by Maurice B. Hodson, 1984.